Thursday, December 21, 2017

Lectures Day

I thought that having three lectures today would be too much, but I actually wanted to have more time. I really enjoyed learning about China’s history and wish we had more time so the lecturer could really get to his favorite part of history and what he specializes in. When he mentioned the Temple of Heaven it made me want to stay longer in Beijing and visit it. Ten days in China is most definitely not enough to soak all the culture and history in!


I enjoyed listening to Kristi’s lecture because having taken ENVIR 239 in the summer I haven’t had any recent lectures from her. I think it was a good way for the Tsinghua students to learn about Seattle and environmental policies in the US. I was actually able to connect some things to my LSJ 200 class that I took this last quarter. We discussed the Bolt decision at length but I didn’t learn about the environmental impacts that the dams have on the salmon that were a part of the decision. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment